Tributes paid to soldiers killed at LoC, stampede
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday paid homage to the two soldiers, who were killed on the LoC by Pakistani Army, and to those who died in the stampede at Kumbh in Allahabad.
As the House assembled for the day, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani mentioned about the LoC incident, stampede at Allahabad and passing away of former MPs Narayan Prasad Gupta and Nandkishore Bhatt and ex-MLAs Hamid Qureshi, Manharan Lal Pandey and Chandrika Prasad Tripathi.
The House unanimously condemned the incident at LoC in which Lance Naik Hemraj was beheaded and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh Baghel was killed, and paid rich tributes to them.
The Assembly also expressed grief over the death of over 30 persons in a stampede at Kumbh.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Congress Legislative Party`s Deputy Leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, BSP`s Ram Lakhan Singh, Independent Paras Saklecha, Urband Development Minister Babulal Gaur and Arif Aqueel (Congress) also recalled social and political contributions of the late former MPs and MLAs on the occasion.
After observing a two-minute silence, the Speaker adjourned the House for five minutes as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'