Two accused in Shehla murder case beat up woman jail inmate
Indore: Two key accused in the murder case of RTI activist Shehla Masood allegedly beat up a woman inmate in the district jail here, police said today.
The district jail authorities wrote a letter to the Sanyogitaganj Police Station last night complaining that the two accused - Zahida Pervez and Saba Faroqui - beat up inmate Simran (18) yesterday over some issue, a police sub-inspector probing the complaint said.
The police officer said he will record the statement of both the parties and then take a call on registering a criminal case in the issue.
Meanwhile, the prison authorities have also complained to Madhya Pradesh jail headquarters about Zahida and Saba`s quarrelsome nature. Earlier also they had picked up a fight with fellow inmates, jail sources said.
Zahida and Saba are among the five accused in the Shehla Masood murder case.
The CBI had accused Zahida of conspiring to kill Shehla because of her alleged growing closeness with former BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
Shehla was allegedly shot dead in front of her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway