Two accused in Shehla murder case beat up woman jail inmate
Indore: Two key accused in the murder case of RTI activist Shehla Masood allegedly beat up a woman inmate in the district jail here, police said today.
The district jail authorities wrote a letter to the Sanyogitaganj Police Station last night complaining that the two accused - Zahida Pervez and Saba Faroqui - beat up inmate Simran (18) yesterday over some issue, a police sub-inspector probing the complaint said.
The police officer said he will record the statement of both the parties and then take a call on registering a criminal case in the issue.
Meanwhile, the prison authorities have also complained to Madhya Pradesh jail headquarters about Zahida and Saba`s quarrelsome nature. Earlier also they had picked up a fight with fellow inmates, jail sources said.
Zahida and Saba are among the five accused in the Shehla Masood murder case.
The CBI had accused Zahida of conspiring to kill Shehla because of her alleged growing closeness with former BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
Shehla was allegedly shot dead in front of her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured