Two accused in Shehla murder case beat up woman jail inmate
Indore: Two key accused in the murder case of RTI activist Shehla Masood allegedly beat up a woman inmate in the district jail here, police said today.
The district jail authorities wrote a letter to the Sanyogitaganj Police Station last night complaining that the two accused - Zahida Pervez and Saba Faroqui - beat up inmate Simran (18) yesterday over some issue, a police sub-inspector probing the complaint said.
The police officer said he will record the statement of both the parties and then take a call on registering a criminal case in the issue.
Meanwhile, the prison authorities have also complained to Madhya Pradesh jail headquarters about Zahida and Saba`s quarrelsome nature. Earlier also they had picked up a fight with fellow inmates, jail sources said.
Zahida and Saba are among the five accused in the Shehla Masood murder case.
The CBI had accused Zahida of conspiring to kill Shehla because of her alleged growing closeness with former BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
Shehla was allegedly shot dead in front of her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city