Two accused in Shehla murder case beat up woman jail inmate
Indore: Two key accused in the murder case of RTI activist Shehla Masood allegedly beat up a woman inmate in the district jail here, police said today.
The district jail authorities wrote a letter to the Sanyogitaganj Police Station last night complaining that the two accused - Zahida Pervez and Saba Faroqui - beat up inmate Simran (18) yesterday over some issue, a police sub-inspector probing the complaint said.
The police officer said he will record the statement of both the parties and then take a call on registering a criminal case in the issue.
Meanwhile, the prison authorities have also complained to Madhya Pradesh jail headquarters about Zahida and Saba`s quarrelsome nature. Earlier also they had picked up a fight with fellow inmates, jail sources said.
Zahida and Saba are among the five accused in the Shehla Masood murder case.
The CBI had accused Zahida of conspiring to kill Shehla because of her alleged growing closeness with former BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
Shehla was allegedly shot dead in front of her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'