Two-and-half-year-old girl raped in MP town
Shajapur: A two-and-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a wardboy of the government hospital at Kanad town, about 30 kms from here, police said.
The incident took place on Thursday when the girl was at the hospital with her mother, who had been admitted there for delivery, they said.
The accused, identified as Lakhan Yogi (21) took the girl to an adjacent room and raped her there, police said.
After hearing the girl cry loudly, people rushed into the room, by which time Lakhan had escaped from the spot. However, he was later arrested from the town, police added.
Enraged over the incident, people ransacked the government hospital and also pelted stones. Shops were also closed to protest over the incident, police said, adding the situation was tense in the town for some time, but has been brought under control.
The victim was referred to Ujjain for treatment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here