Two BJP leaders under CBI scanner in murder case
New Delhi: CBI is probing the role of two
senior BJP politicians in the mysterious death of RTI activist
Shehla Masood in Bhopal and a new team of the agency is
camping there to further investigate the matter.
Sources in the agency said the probe is being looked into
by a new team after the Bhopal unit could not make any headway
in the case.
The sources said names of two senior BJP leaders
including that of a member of Parliament have surfaced during
the probe which needed to be investigated extensively.
They denied reports with regard to the role of an IPS
officer in the case and said no evidence has surfaced so far
suggesting his involvement in the case.
Masood was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside her residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
The case has now been taken over by CBI`s Delhi-based
unit as "it has better resources, better manpower and better
facilities", sources in the agency said.
The agency announced a reward of Rs five lakh in
September for anyone providing credible information about the
The CBI is also looking for the murder weapon which is
yet to be traced.
"It is strange that a woman who is an RTI activist is
shot outside her home in broad daylight in a crowded locality
and yet no one has any knowledge about it. It may be that
there is something that is holding people back from sharing
information with the authorities," an official said.
On September 3, the agency registered the murder case
after a reference was made to it by the Madhya Pradesh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?