Two children run over by train in MP
Vidisha (MP): Two children were today killed when they were run over by a goods train at a railway station near here, police said.
The accident occurred at the Central Railway`s Gulabganj railway station, about 20 km from here, after a wrong announcement was allegedly made about the train.
The railway station has no foot over bridge, because of which people mostly cross the tracks to reach the station.
This morning, at the station an announcement was made for a train leaving on the up line. Hearing the announcement, some people, including the children, tried to cross the down line by crawling under a goods train which was stationed there.
However, the station master wrongly issued a green signal for the goods train, which suddenly started moving crushing the two children under it to death, railway police said.
The children - Mohammad Ali (5) and his eight-year-old sister, whose name was yet to be ascertained - died on the spot, they said.
Later, angry villagers disrupted rail traffic on the route by blocking both the up and down tracks and also damaged some railway property, they said.
Because of this several trains scheduled on the route were stopped at Bina, Bhopal and Vidisha railway stations, they added.
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace
- 'Impose stock limit on importers to curb pulses prices'
- India, China armies vow to enhance cordial relations, maintain peace along LAC at border meet
- Save up to 20% in peak hotel rates by booking in advance
- Russia, US in bids to halt fighting in Syria's Aleppo