Two children run over by train in MP
Vidisha (MP): Two children were today killed when they were run over by a goods train at a railway station near here, police said.
The accident occurred at the Central Railway`s Gulabganj railway station, about 20 km from here, after a wrong announcement was allegedly made about the train.
The railway station has no foot over bridge, because of which people mostly cross the tracks to reach the station.
This morning, at the station an announcement was made for a train leaving on the up line. Hearing the announcement, some people, including the children, tried to cross the down line by crawling under a goods train which was stationed there.
However, the station master wrongly issued a green signal for the goods train, which suddenly started moving crushing the two children under it to death, railway police said.
The children - Mohammad Ali (5) and his eight-year-old sister, whose name was yet to be ascertained - died on the spot, they said.
Later, angry villagers disrupted rail traffic on the route by blocking both the up and down tracks and also damaged some railway property, they said.
Because of this several trains scheduled on the route were stopped at Bina, Bhopal and Vidisha railway stations, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!