Two `crorepatis` in fray for RS poll have no car
Bhopal: The three politicians who have filed their nomination papers for Rajya Sabha election from Madhya Pradesh are `crorepatis`, but two of them do not own a car.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh and BJP vice president Prabhat Jha, who are seeking Rajya Sabha seat, do not own a car, according to the affidavits filed by them along with their nomination papers.
However, BJP`s another contender for Rajya Sabha, former Union minister Satya Narayan Jatiya owns a jeep, a Fiat car, a scooter, a Luna (moped) and a motorcycle.
As per the affidavit filed by Digvijay Singh, the cost of the Raghogarh fort, a portion of which he owns, is estimated to be Rs 2.24 crore. The others who have a share in the property include his brother Laxman Singh, son Jaiwardhan Singh and some other members of his family.
BJP nominee Prabhat Jha has movable property worth Rs 92.90 lakh, cash deposits of Rs 15 lakh in banks while his wife has movable property worth Rs 26.71 lakh. He has a house in Gwalior worth Rs 28.50 lakh while his wife owns land worth Rs 7.50 lakh in Bihar, as per his affidavit.
Jatiya owns an ancestral house valued at Rs 66 lakh. He also has a piece of land in his name worth Rs 30 lakh and he has deposits of over Rs three lakh, his affidavit says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof