Two dead, 77 injured as bus overturns & falls into drain
Indore: Two passengers were killed and 77 others were injured when the bus in which they were travelling overturned and fell into a drain near Arjun Badod village, around 18 km from the district headquarters on Monday, police said.
According to police, the driver could have lost control of the vehicle as the bus was overcrowded.
The deceased were identified as Anaar Singh (65) and Nirmala Bai (45), both residents of Barotha village in Dewas district, police said.
Among the 77 injured, 59 persons were admitted in government-run M Y Hospital in Indore. Five of them are in serious condition. Seventeen others are undergoing treatment at Dewas, while one injured was admitted to a private hospital, police said.
"The bus driver lost control of the vehicle as one of the tyres of the bus burst," police said adding that the driver fled from the spot after the mishap.
A case was registered in this regard and further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"