Two dead, 77 injured as bus overturns & falls into drain
Indore: Two passengers were killed and 77 others were injured when the bus in which they were travelling overturned and fell into a drain near Arjun Badod village, around 18 km from the district headquarters on Monday, police said.
According to police, the driver could have lost control of the vehicle as the bus was overcrowded.
The deceased were identified as Anaar Singh (65) and Nirmala Bai (45), both residents of Barotha village in Dewas district, police said.
Among the 77 injured, 59 persons were admitted in government-run M Y Hospital in Indore. Five of them are in serious condition. Seventeen others are undergoing treatment at Dewas, while one injured was admitted to a private hospital, police said.
"The bus driver lost control of the vehicle as one of the tyres of the bus burst," police said adding that the driver fled from the spot after the mishap.
A case was registered in this regard and further probe is on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?