Two dead after drinking contaminated water from well
Bhopal: Two persons including a child died
and 14 others fell ill after drinking water drawn from a well at Bhauri village near here.
Soon after drinking the water yesterday, villagers
complained of vomiting, dysentery and giddiness, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Raja (five) and
Mulla Bai (65). Fourteen others were rushed to a hospital at
Bairagarh, all of them were now out of danger, police said.
Most of them were labourers working at a stone crusher at
Bhauri, on the outskirts of the city, police said.
Samples of the water from the well have been sent for
The district administration has announced aid of Rs 5,000
each to the family members of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!