Two get death penalty for killing four family members
Balaghat (MP): A local court on Wednesday awarded death penalty to two people for killing four members of a family after a monetary dispute around eight years ago in Vivekanand Colony.
The death penalty was awarded by First Additional Sessions Judge P C Sharma to Sunil Bithle and Vivek Bithle.
The duo had first poisoned an ayurvedic medicine trader Mukesh Namdev, his wife Archana, daughter Ashi as well as son Shivam, and later strangulated them, as Mukesh had not returned Rs 1.5 lakh borrowed by him for setting up an ayurvedic medicine unit.
After killing them, they buried their bodies inside their house and decamped with cash, jewellery and other goods.
However, they were caught by the police after a week along with two other alleged accomplices identified as Sachin Samargade and Ramanlal Bithle.
After the trial, the court awarded capital punishment to Vivek and Sunil, while Sachin and Ramanlal were released on grounds of lack of evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure