Two get death penalty for killing four family members
Balaghat (MP): A local court on Wednesday awarded death penalty to two people for killing four members of a family after a monetary dispute around eight years ago in Vivekanand Colony.
The death penalty was awarded by First Additional Sessions Judge P C Sharma to Sunil Bithle and Vivek Bithle.
The duo had first poisoned an ayurvedic medicine trader Mukesh Namdev, his wife Archana, daughter Ashi as well as son Shivam, and later strangulated them, as Mukesh had not returned Rs 1.5 lakh borrowed by him for setting up an ayurvedic medicine unit.
After killing them, they buried their bodies inside their house and decamped with cash, jewellery and other goods.
However, they were caught by the police after a week along with two other alleged accomplices identified as Sachin Samargade and Ramanlal Bithle.
After the trial, the court awarded capital punishment to Vivek and Sunil, while Sachin and Ramanlal were released on grounds of lack of evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened