Two get death penalty for killing four family members
Balaghat (MP): A local court on Wednesday awarded death penalty to two people for killing four members of a family after a monetary dispute around eight years ago in Vivekanand Colony.
The death penalty was awarded by First Additional Sessions Judge P C Sharma to Sunil Bithle and Vivek Bithle.
The duo had first poisoned an ayurvedic medicine trader Mukesh Namdev, his wife Archana, daughter Ashi as well as son Shivam, and later strangulated them, as Mukesh had not returned Rs 1.5 lakh borrowed by him for setting up an ayurvedic medicine unit.
After killing them, they buried their bodies inside their house and decamped with cash, jewellery and other goods.
However, they were caught by the police after a week along with two other alleged accomplices identified as Sachin Samargade and Ramanlal Bithle.
After the trial, the court awarded capital punishment to Vivek and Sunil, while Sachin and Ramanlal were released on grounds of lack of evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani