Two get death sentence for rape, murder in Madhya Pradesh
Chhattarpur: A court in Bijawar town has awarded death sentence to two persons on the charges of rape and murder of a woman.
The sentence was awarded on by Additional Sessions Judge JP Singh.
Ganesh Lodhi (24) of Baskwah town and Ramji Lodhi (24) of Angor village were accused of raping and later hacking to death the woman, a widow, at her house on November 27, 2010.
Her father found her body lying in a pool of blood. Her two minor sons told him that Ganesh and Ramji killed their mother.
Police soon arrested both the accused.
The court sentenced them to death for murder, and life imprisonment for the rape.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on each of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof