Two get police custody for conspiracy to bribe IT officials
Indore: A special CBI court on Sunday remanded two persons in police custody till February 13 for their alleged role in a conspiracy to bribe Income-Tax officials for transferring the PAN of an industrial group to the department`s Mumbai office.
CBI has filed a case in this connection under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code and Anti-Corruption Act against accused A K Agrawal and Nagesh.
The duo were produced at the residence of special CBI court judge Anupam Shrivastava, as it was Sunday.
The investigating agency requested the court for the custody of city-based tax consultant Mahesh Agrawal, currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital, for his alleged role in the conspiracy.
The judge will personally visit the hospital tomorrow to take stock of Agrawal`s health.
Agrawal allegedly hatched a criminal conspiracy, apparently at the behest of the industrial group, to bribe sleuths in order to transfer the income tax related files and PAN of the firm from Indore to Mumbai office of Income Tax.
According to sources, the "deal" was struck for Rs 20 lakh, however, the CBI foiled the plan and arrested the two accused in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh