Two get police custody for conspiracy to bribe IT officials
Indore: A special CBI court on Sunday remanded two persons in police custody till February 13 for their alleged role in a conspiracy to bribe Income-Tax officials for transferring the PAN of an industrial group to the department`s Mumbai office.
CBI has filed a case in this connection under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code and Anti-Corruption Act against accused A K Agrawal and Nagesh.
The duo were produced at the residence of special CBI court judge Anupam Shrivastava, as it was Sunday.
The investigating agency requested the court for the custody of city-based tax consultant Mahesh Agrawal, currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital, for his alleged role in the conspiracy.
The judge will personally visit the hospital tomorrow to take stock of Agrawal`s health.
Agrawal allegedly hatched a criminal conspiracy, apparently at the behest of the industrial group, to bribe sleuths in order to transfer the income tax related files and PAN of the firm from Indore to Mumbai office of Income Tax.
According to sources, the "deal" was struck for Rs 20 lakh, however, the CBI foiled the plan and arrested the two accused in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university