Two get police custody for conspiracy to bribe IT officials
Indore: A special CBI court on Sunday remanded two persons in police custody till February 13 for their alleged role in a conspiracy to bribe Income-Tax officials for transferring the PAN of an industrial group to the department`s Mumbai office.
CBI has filed a case in this connection under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code and Anti-Corruption Act against accused A K Agrawal and Nagesh.
The duo were produced at the residence of special CBI court judge Anupam Shrivastava, as it was Sunday.
The investigating agency requested the court for the custody of city-based tax consultant Mahesh Agrawal, currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital, for his alleged role in the conspiracy.
The judge will personally visit the hospital tomorrow to take stock of Agrawal`s health.
Agrawal allegedly hatched a criminal conspiracy, apparently at the behest of the industrial group, to bribe sleuths in order to transfer the income tax related files and PAN of the firm from Indore to Mumbai office of Income Tax.
According to sources, the "deal" was struck for Rs 20 lakh, however, the CBI foiled the plan and arrested the two accused in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!