Two get police custody for conspiracy to bribe IT officials
Indore: A special CBI court on Sunday remanded two persons in police custody till February 13 for their alleged role in a conspiracy to bribe Income-Tax officials for transferring the PAN of an industrial group to the department`s Mumbai office.
CBI has filed a case in this connection under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code and Anti-Corruption Act against accused A K Agrawal and Nagesh.
The duo were produced at the residence of special CBI court judge Anupam Shrivastava, as it was Sunday.
The investigating agency requested the court for the custody of city-based tax consultant Mahesh Agrawal, currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital, for his alleged role in the conspiracy.
The judge will personally visit the hospital tomorrow to take stock of Agrawal`s health.
Agrawal allegedly hatched a criminal conspiracy, apparently at the behest of the industrial group, to bribe sleuths in order to transfer the income tax related files and PAN of the firm from Indore to Mumbai office of Income Tax.
According to sources, the "deal" was struck for Rs 20 lakh, however, the CBI foiled the plan and arrested the two accused in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?