Two get police custody for conspiracy to bribe IT officials
Indore: A special CBI court on Sunday remanded two persons in police custody till February 13 for their alleged role in a conspiracy to bribe Income-Tax officials for transferring the PAN of an industrial group to the department`s Mumbai office.
CBI has filed a case in this connection under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code and Anti-Corruption Act against accused A K Agrawal and Nagesh.
The duo were produced at the residence of special CBI court judge Anupam Shrivastava, as it was Sunday.
The investigating agency requested the court for the custody of city-based tax consultant Mahesh Agrawal, currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital, for his alleged role in the conspiracy.
The judge will personally visit the hospital tomorrow to take stock of Agrawal`s health.
Agrawal allegedly hatched a criminal conspiracy, apparently at the behest of the industrial group, to bribe sleuths in order to transfer the income tax related files and PAN of the firm from Indore to Mumbai office of Income Tax.
According to sources, the "deal" was struck for Rs 20 lakh, however, the CBI foiled the plan and arrested the two accused in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog