Two get ten-year imprisonment for rape and murder of minor
Gwalior: A local court has awarded imprisonment of ten years to two youths for rape and murder of a minor girl in 2011.
The Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohre in his order yesterday held Vinod Gujjar and Chabbiram Patel guilty of gang-rape and murder of the girl.
Vishal, one of the three accused named by the prosecution, died during trial.
According to prosecution, the accused trio abducted the victim and her elder sister in Jewra village on September 15, 2012, when they stepped out of their house to relive themselves in open.
While the victim`s elder sister managed to free herself from the clutches of the culprits, the minor was sexually assaulted by the trio after taking her to a school.
The victim`s body was recovered from a village well two days after the incident.
The trio were apprehended on the complaint of the girl`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal