Two get ten-year imprisonment for rape and murder of minor
Gwalior: A local court has awarded imprisonment of ten years to two youths for rape and murder of a minor girl in 2011.
The Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohre in his order yesterday held Vinod Gujjar and Chabbiram Patel guilty of gang-rape and murder of the girl.
Vishal, one of the three accused named by the prosecution, died during trial.
According to prosecution, the accused trio abducted the victim and her elder sister in Jewra village on September 15, 2012, when they stepped out of their house to relive themselves in open.
While the victim`s elder sister managed to free herself from the clutches of the culprits, the minor was sexually assaulted by the trio after taking her to a school.
The victim`s body was recovered from a village well two days after the incident.
The trio were apprehended on the complaint of the girl`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!