Two get ten-year imprisonment for rape and murder of minor
Gwalior: A local court has awarded imprisonment of ten years to two youths for rape and murder of a minor girl in 2011.
The Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohre in his order yesterday held Vinod Gujjar and Chabbiram Patel guilty of gang-rape and murder of the girl.
Vishal, one of the three accused named by the prosecution, died during trial.
According to prosecution, the accused trio abducted the victim and her elder sister in Jewra village on September 15, 2012, when they stepped out of their house to relive themselves in open.
While the victim`s elder sister managed to free herself from the clutches of the culprits, the minor was sexually assaulted by the trio after taking her to a school.
The victim`s body was recovered from a village well two days after the incident.
The trio were apprehended on the complaint of the girl`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too