Two get ten-year imprisonment for rape and murder of minor
Gwalior: A local court has awarded imprisonment of ten years to two youths for rape and murder of a minor girl in 2011.
The Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohre in his order yesterday held Vinod Gujjar and Chabbiram Patel guilty of gang-rape and murder of the girl.
Vishal, one of the three accused named by the prosecution, died during trial.
According to prosecution, the accused trio abducted the victim and her elder sister in Jewra village on September 15, 2012, when they stepped out of their house to relive themselves in open.
While the victim`s elder sister managed to free herself from the clutches of the culprits, the minor was sexually assaulted by the trio after taking her to a school.
The victim`s body was recovered from a village well two days after the incident.
The trio were apprehended on the complaint of the girl`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!