Two held for duping jewellers in several cities
Indore: Indore police have arrested two
men in Mumbai and recovered three diamond necklaces together worth Rs 27 lakh and a laptop from them, a police officer said Weednesday.
The arrested were identified as Narendra Sharma alias A Kapoor (45) and one Mukesh, Senior Superintendent of Police
(SSP) Sai Manohar told in a press conference here.
According to him, the duo had decamped with a diamond
necklace from the shop of an Indore-based jeweller, a laptop
from a Bhopal-based jeweller and two necklaces from a jeweller
in suburban Powai in Mumbai recently.
Narendra was involved in duping jewellers in various
parts of the country, including Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata,
Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, the police officer said.
Both of them were booked under section 420 of the IPC.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'