Two held for rape, murder of folk singer
Chhattarpur: Two persons were on Sunday arrested here in connection with the alleged rape and murder of a Panna-based woman folk singer.
A body was found buried under bricks in a room at a field in Gurraiya village of the district on May 3, Chhattarpur Superintendent of Police Lalit Shakyawar said.
Later, the deceased was identified as the 32-year-old folk singer from Panna district.
Acting on the leads, police picked up one of her singing team members Rahul Nagar, with whom she was last seen.
When police interrogated Nagar on the basis of suspicion, he admitted that he took the woman on his motorcycle to Gurraiya village, where he along with two others - Aslam Mansoori and Abid Musalman - first raped her at gunpoint and later looted her valuables amounting Rs 3,500, Shakyawar said.
Nagar also admitted that they later killed her by hitting her on head with a stone and fled from the spot after hiding the body under the bricks.
Police also recovered valuables including gold ornaments, damaged SIM card, purse, make-up articles and a brick with blood stains from the accused.
A motorcycle and a country made revolver were also seized from them, the SP said.
While Nagar and Mansoori were arrested today, search was on to nab Abid Musalman, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review