Two held for rape, murder of folk singer
Chhattarpur: Two persons were on Sunday arrested here in connection with the alleged rape and murder of a Panna-based woman folk singer.
A body was found buried under bricks in a room at a field in Gurraiya village of the district on May 3, Chhattarpur Superintendent of Police Lalit Shakyawar said.
Later, the deceased was identified as the 32-year-old folk singer from Panna district.
Acting on the leads, police picked up one of her singing team members Rahul Nagar, with whom she was last seen.
When police interrogated Nagar on the basis of suspicion, he admitted that he took the woman on his motorcycle to Gurraiya village, where he along with two others - Aslam Mansoori and Abid Musalman - first raped her at gunpoint and later looted her valuables amounting Rs 3,500, Shakyawar said.
Nagar also admitted that they later killed her by hitting her on head with a stone and fled from the spot after hiding the body under the bricks.
Police also recovered valuables including gold ornaments, damaged SIM card, purse, make-up articles and a brick with blood stains from the accused.
A motorcycle and a country made revolver were also seized from them, the SP said.
While Nagar and Mansoori were arrested today, search was on to nab Abid Musalman, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre