Two involved in abduction of nine children in MP arrested
Chhattarpur (MP): Two persons were arrested for their alleged involvement in the kidnapping of nine children from the Kutia Dam forest area here, police said on Friday.
The kidnapping took place on February 7 in Arora village under Bijawar Police Station. However, police managed to secure their release two days later only and since then was looking for the miscreants.
Both the accused --Pramod Dube and his associate Pavan Choube were arrested last night, Chhattarpur`s Superintendent of Police, Shriyas told reporters here.
Police had announced a reward of Rs 25,000 on Pramod and Rs 10,000 on Pavan.
A 315 bore rifle, a country-made pistol, five live cartridges and a mobile phone were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, Pramod revealed that a number of persons in the area including Munna Tiwari, Rajkumar Tiwari, Rajesh Shukla and Manoj Bhatnagar provided him money and vehicles when he was absconding, the SP said.
He also admitted that he had planned the kidnapping of children in connivance with Arvind Shukla of Bijawar.
Rajesh Shulka is a prominent Congress leader from Bijwar and had unsuccessfully contested the last Assembly election on the Congress ticket, the SP said.
Police said that those who have helped Pramod will also be booked under relevant sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?