Two involved in abduction of nine children in MP arrested
Chhattarpur (MP): Two persons were arrested for their alleged involvement in the kidnapping of nine children from the Kutia Dam forest area here, police said on Friday.
The kidnapping took place on February 7 in Arora village under Bijawar Police Station. However, police managed to secure their release two days later only and since then was looking for the miscreants.
Both the accused --Pramod Dube and his associate Pavan Choube were arrested last night, Chhattarpur`s Superintendent of Police, Shriyas told reporters here.
Police had announced a reward of Rs 25,000 on Pramod and Rs 10,000 on Pavan.
A 315 bore rifle, a country-made pistol, five live cartridges and a mobile phone were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, Pramod revealed that a number of persons in the area including Munna Tiwari, Rajkumar Tiwari, Rajesh Shukla and Manoj Bhatnagar provided him money and vehicles when he was absconding, the SP said.
He also admitted that he had planned the kidnapping of children in connivance with Arvind Shukla of Bijawar.
Rajesh Shulka is a prominent Congress leader from Bijwar and had unsuccessfully contested the last Assembly election on the Congress ticket, the SP said.
Police said that those who have helped Pramod will also be booked under relevant sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie