Two involved in abduction of nine children in MP arrested
Chhattarpur (MP): Two persons were arrested for their alleged involvement in the kidnapping of nine children from the Kutia Dam forest area here, police said on Friday.
The kidnapping took place on February 7 in Arora village under Bijawar Police Station. However, police managed to secure their release two days later only and since then was looking for the miscreants.
Both the accused --Pramod Dube and his associate Pavan Choube were arrested last night, Chhattarpur`s Superintendent of Police, Shriyas told reporters here.
Police had announced a reward of Rs 25,000 on Pramod and Rs 10,000 on Pavan.
A 315 bore rifle, a country-made pistol, five live cartridges and a mobile phone were recovered from their possession.
During interrogation, Pramod revealed that a number of persons in the area including Munna Tiwari, Rajkumar Tiwari, Rajesh Shukla and Manoj Bhatnagar provided him money and vehicles when he was absconding, the SP said.
He also admitted that he had planned the kidnapping of children in connivance with Arvind Shukla of Bijawar.
Rajesh Shulka is a prominent Congress leader from Bijwar and had unsuccessfully contested the last Assembly election on the Congress ticket, the SP said.
Police said that those who have helped Pramod will also be booked under relevant sections of the IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview