Two killed as mining gangs clash in MP village
Shajapur: Two persons were killed while two others sustained injuries when rival groups engaged in illegal mining clashed over mining of sand from Kali Sindh river on Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred at Neemcha village near here when two rival groups armed with weapons attacked each other allegedly over illegal mining of sand from Kali Sindh river, Shajapur`s Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Ravi Atrolia told reporters.
The clash was fallout of a complaint lodged by a mafia group against its rivals engaged in illegal mining.
They clashed with each other using firearms, sticks and sharp-edged weapons following which father-son duo died on the spot. They were identified as Bane Singh (55) and his son Dilip (30), he said.
Among the two injured, one is in serious condition and was referred to Indore for treatment.
The SDOP said that all the accused were absconding after the incident and search is on to nab them adding a case has been registered and further investigations were on.
Illegal mining has become a major issue in Madhya Pradesh after the murder of a young IPS officer, Narendra Kumar in Morena and attack on government officials including the one on lady Tahsildar, Meena Pal, in Dewas district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena