Two killed as mining gangs clash in MP village
Shajapur: Two persons were killed while two others sustained injuries when rival groups engaged in illegal mining clashed over mining of sand from Kali Sindh river on Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred at Neemcha village near here when two rival groups armed with weapons attacked each other allegedly over illegal mining of sand from Kali Sindh river, Shajapur`s Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Ravi Atrolia told reporters.
The clash was fallout of a complaint lodged by a mafia group against its rivals engaged in illegal mining.
They clashed with each other using firearms, sticks and sharp-edged weapons following which father-son duo died on the spot. They were identified as Bane Singh (55) and his son Dilip (30), he said.
Among the two injured, one is in serious condition and was referred to Indore for treatment.
The SDOP said that all the accused were absconding after the incident and search is on to nab them adding a case has been registered and further investigations were on.
Illegal mining has become a major issue in Madhya Pradesh after the murder of a young IPS officer, Narendra Kumar in Morena and attack on government officials including the one on lady Tahsildar, Meena Pal, in Dewas district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III