Two killed, seven injured in road mishap
Sagar: Two persons were killed and seven others injured when their vehicle was hit by a speeding truck on Sagar-Tikamgarh road, about five kms from here, police said Wednesday.
The mishap occurred last evening near Shahgarh when the victims were returning to Mabai village in neighbouring Chhattarpur district after selling food grains in Shahgarh Krishi Mandi, they said.
The deceased were identified as - Surendra Kumar Jain (25) and Veerchand Jain (50).
The seriously injured persons have been admitted to the district hospital for treatment, police said.
A case has been registered against the truck driver, who fled from the spot after the accident along with his helper, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'