Two minor tribal girls raped near dam construction site in Madhya Pradesh
Shivpuri: Two minor tribal girls were allegedly raped by two brothers near the construction site of the proposed Kakaito Dam under the Govardhan police station recently, the police said on Tuesday.
Two girls aged 14 and 15 years respectively were raped by a driver and an electrician on January 9 and 13, they said.
Later, the duo identified as Ganesh and Laxman Sahu, both brothers from Odisha, dropped the victims near Buddha, their native village yesterday, after which they narrated the incident to their parents, the police said.
Enraged over the incident, tribals reached the dam construction site and beat up a number of people including a supervisor Virendra Dhakad.
Later, the police reached the spot to control the situation and arrested Ganesh and Laxman under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code for rape and the SC/ST Act.
The police also registered a case against enraged tribals for indulging in violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!