Two minor tribal girls raped near dam construction site in Madhya Pradesh
Shivpuri: Two minor tribal girls were allegedly raped by two brothers near the construction site of the proposed Kakaito Dam under the Govardhan police station recently, the police said on Tuesday.
Two girls aged 14 and 15 years respectively were raped by a driver and an electrician on January 9 and 13, they said.
Later, the duo identified as Ganesh and Laxman Sahu, both brothers from Odisha, dropped the victims near Buddha, their native village yesterday, after which they narrated the incident to their parents, the police said.
Enraged over the incident, tribals reached the dam construction site and beat up a number of people including a supervisor Virendra Dhakad.
Later, the police reached the spot to control the situation and arrested Ganesh and Laxman under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code for rape and the SC/ST Act.
The police also registered a case against enraged tribals for indulging in violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!