Two minor tribal girls raped near dam construction site in Madhya Pradesh
Shivpuri: Two minor tribal girls were allegedly raped by two brothers near the construction site of the proposed Kakaito Dam under the Govardhan police station recently, the police said on Tuesday.
Two girls aged 14 and 15 years respectively were raped by a driver and an electrician on January 9 and 13, they said.
Later, the duo identified as Ganesh and Laxman Sahu, both brothers from Odisha, dropped the victims near Buddha, their native village yesterday, after which they narrated the incident to their parents, the police said.
Enraged over the incident, tribals reached the dam construction site and beat up a number of people including a supervisor Virendra Dhakad.
Later, the police reached the spot to control the situation and arrested Ganesh and Laxman under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code for rape and the SC/ST Act.
The police also registered a case against enraged tribals for indulging in violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL