Two music concerts regale audience in Bhopal
Bhopal: With two impressive concerts
being held simultaneously, music lovers of Bhopal were treated
to a vocal and instrumental feast last evening.
The first concert held at the Indira Gandhi Museum of
Man featured noted classical singer Shubha Mudgal while the
second was the Ramchandra musical evening organised by
Dubolia Sangeetalaya at the Ravindra Bhawan.
While Shubha regaled the audience with a number of
compositions including some in light classical thumri and
dadra, the star attraction at the Dubolia Sangeetalaya musical
show was Sangita Agnihotri who gave a solo presentation of
playing the tabla in a very professional manner.
Sangita who hails from Indore has been playing the
tabla for a long time and last evening she began with teen
taal and moved through Uthan, Peshkar, Kayde and Rele.
She was accompanied on the harmonium by Jitendra
Sharma at the concert which began with a classical vocal
recital by Manmohan Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?