Two music concerts regale audience in Bhopal
Bhopal: With two impressive concerts
being held simultaneously, music lovers of Bhopal were treated
to a vocal and instrumental feast last evening.
The first concert held at the Indira Gandhi Museum of
Man featured noted classical singer Shubha Mudgal while the
second was the Ramchandra musical evening organised by
Dubolia Sangeetalaya at the Ravindra Bhawan.
While Shubha regaled the audience with a number of
compositions including some in light classical thumri and
dadra, the star attraction at the Dubolia Sangeetalaya musical
show was Sangita Agnihotri who gave a solo presentation of
playing the tabla in a very professional manner.
Sangita who hails from Indore has been playing the
tabla for a long time and last evening she began with teen
taal and moved through Uthan, Peshkar, Kayde and Rele.
She was accompanied on the harmonium by Jitendra
Sharma at the concert which began with a classical vocal
recital by Manmohan Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets