Two new political parties registered in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: The Election Commission of India has registered two new political parties in Madhya Pradesh.
The new parties registered are - Jai Manavta Party of Bhopal and Jan-Sangharsh Virat Party of Sagar.
The commission registered Jai Manavta Party on May 27, 2013 and Jan-Sangharsh Virat Party on May 16, 2013, an official release said here on Thursday.
Registration given by the Commission will not entitle these parties to any other election symbol. Candidates formally fielded by these parties in election will be eligible for preference in election symbol allotment over independent candidates.
Presidents of both the parties will have to present a report to the commission under provisions of Representation of People`s Act, 1951.
They will also have to give details of their PAN number within six months of submitting the report.
The Commission has also made it clear that this has nothing to do with flags of parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok