Two South Africans arrested on charges of duping in MP
Katni (MP): Two South African youths have
been arrested here for allegedly cheating a person of Rs 4.5
lakh, police said on Sunday.
Faux James and Williams Jacksonbath of Johannesburg,
South Africa, were arrested by Katni police yesterday
following a complaint lodged by Hasnaat Kabir, a resident of
Mission Chowk locality here.
Police arrested them under sections 420 (Cheating and
dishonestly inducing), 467 (Forgery of valuable security) and
468 (Forgery for purpose of cheating) of IPC.
Kabir in his complaint alleged that James and Jacksonbath
had sent an internet message to him over three months ago
stating that he (Kabir) has won a prize of six lakh pounds,
When Kabir contacted James and Jacksonbath over phone,
the two promised to give him nearly USD 9.5 lakh.
Later, the duo came to Kabir`s residence in Katni on June
15 and gave him a machine, some papers and solution for making
fake dollars. They said after pouring the solution on the
papers, the machine will turn them into dollars, the complaint
The two performed the trick to convince him, it said.
They also allegedly collected Rs 4.5 lakh cash from
Kabir, who after realising the fraud, reported the matter to
the police and informed that both South Africans were coming
in Katni on Saturday enroute New Delhi and Jabalpur from
Johannesburg, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...