Two teenage girls raped in Madhya Pradesh
Indore: Two girls were allegedly kidnapped and raped in separate incidents that took place in the city and Simrol town, police said here on Monday.
Two people have been arrested in connection with the alleged rapes, they added.
In the first incident, a 16-year-old girl living in Chandan Nagar area here was allegedly kidnapped on April 4 and raped by one Ravi Mali (20) outside the city, Thana in-charge Shivpal Singh Kushwaha said.
The youth was arrested after his father called him under police pressure, he said.
He was booked under various relevant sections of the IPC and sent to jail by the district court this afternoon.
In the second incident, an 18-year-old girl from Gawalu village in Simrol (a suburban town) was abducted by a driver named Pappu Yadav on the intervening night of April 4 and 5, Thana in-charge Ashok Upadhyay told a news agency over phone.
Her father lodged an FIR yesterday and Pappu was arrested, police said, adding that he was sent to jail by a Mhow court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!