Two-yr-old daughter of rape victim succumbs to injuries
Bhopal: The two-year-old daughter of a gang-rape victim, admitted to a Government Hospital at Sagar with burn injuries, died while being taken to the state capital, police said.
The mother of the deceased girl, who had gone to the district hospital in Sagar for her treatment, was allegedly gang-raped by three sweepers in a toilet of the hospital premises on Saturday, police said.
Since the condition of the girl continued to deteriorate, the doctors had referred her to Hamidia Hospital here, but she died on the way late last evening, they said.
The incident of gang-rape had come to light two days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station.
Police said that the woman was gang-raped after three sweepers followed her to the toilet and raped her there.
According to City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar, all the three accused-- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin, had been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information