Two-yr-old daughter of rape victim succumbs to injuries
Bhopal: The two-year-old daughter of a gang-rape victim, admitted to a Government Hospital at Sagar with burn injuries, died while being taken to the state capital, police said.
The mother of the deceased girl, who had gone to the district hospital in Sagar for her treatment, was allegedly gang-raped by three sweepers in a toilet of the hospital premises on Saturday, police said.
Since the condition of the girl continued to deteriorate, the doctors had referred her to Hamidia Hospital here, but she died on the way late last evening, they said.
The incident of gang-rape had come to light two days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station.
Police said that the woman was gang-raped after three sweepers followed her to the toilet and raped her there.
According to City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar, all the three accused-- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin, had been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?