Two-yr-old daughter of rape victim succumbs to injuries
Bhopal: The two-year-old daughter of a gang-rape victim, admitted to a Government Hospital at Sagar with burn injuries, died while being taken to the state capital, police said.
The mother of the deceased girl, who had gone to the district hospital in Sagar for her treatment, was allegedly gang-raped by three sweepers in a toilet of the hospital premises on Saturday, police said.
Since the condition of the girl continued to deteriorate, the doctors had referred her to Hamidia Hospital here, but she died on the way late last evening, they said.
The incident of gang-rape had come to light two days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station.
Police said that the woman was gang-raped after three sweepers followed her to the toilet and raped her there.
According to City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar, all the three accused-- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin, had been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video