Two-yr-old daughter of rape victim succumbs to injuries
Bhopal: The two-year-old daughter of a gang-rape victim, admitted to a Government Hospital at Sagar with burn injuries, died while being taken to the state capital, police said.
The mother of the deceased girl, who had gone to the district hospital in Sagar for her treatment, was allegedly gang-raped by three sweepers in a toilet of the hospital premises on Saturday, police said.
Since the condition of the girl continued to deteriorate, the doctors had referred her to Hamidia Hospital here, but she died on the way late last evening, they said.
The incident of gang-rape had come to light two days back, when the woman, along with her husband, filed an FIR with the Gopalganj police station.
Police said that the woman was gang-raped after three sweepers followed her to the toilet and raped her there.
According to City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar, all the three accused-- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin, had been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan