UAE ambassador calls on Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Bhopal: United Arab Emirates ambassador to India Mohammad Sultan Abdullah Al Owais called on Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and discussed investment potential in food processing and production, tourism and export sectors in the state.
An official release said here today that giving information regarding laws pertaining to land and policies, the Chief Minister yesterday discussed possibility of contract cultivation with farmers.
Chouhan said that discussions will be held for direct Indore-Dubai air service with the Union Government and added that as a result of this air service, new possibilities of exports will be generated.
He said that there is immense potential in the state in food processing sector and pointed out that Sharbati wheat can be exported from Madhya Pradesh for world-famous bakeries of Arab countries.
Owais informed that the UAE government has taken a political decision to invest in India and now new possibilities are being explored.
The Chief Minister gave information about investment potential in infrastructure development and tourism sectors.
He said that a special package is given for going to Dubai. In the same manner, a special package should also be prepared by the Centre for foreign tourists visiting India.
Mohammad Sultan Abdullah Al Owais said that the UAE administration will take a positive initiative if the Union Government starts Indore-Dubai air service.
He also invited the Chief Minister to trade fairs in Dubai and also extended invitation for three-month ‘Global Village’ to be organised in future.
Businessmen from various countries set up their stalls over there and thus, exportable commodities availability and demand in the market are also assessed, Owais said.
The Chief Minister said that Madhya Pradesh and other states of the country provide skilled manpower to Dubai and stressed the need to further strengthen commercial and cultural ties between the State and Dubai.
Owais informed that out of 14 million people in Dubai, 26 lakh persons are from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!