UK gives Rs 265 cr grant to uplift poor in MP
Bhopal: British High Commissioner in India David James Bevan today informed Babulal Gaur, Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister that the UK government has provided Rs 265 crore grant for upliftment of poor in the state.
Bevan told Gaur that the British government has given a grant of Rs 265 crore for the Madhya Pradesh Urban Services for the Poor (MPUSP) - Project Uthhan, for infrastructure development and improvement of slums of the state`s 14 municipal corporations, an official release issued here said.
Started since 2006, the project is slated to be completed by December this year.
The High Commissioner also said the British government will give grant worth Rs 220 crore for infrastructure and development of the state`s municipal corporations in the second phase, the release said.
Gaur apprised the High Commissioner of developmental efforts taken by the state government in Bhopal and other cities of the state, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’