UK gives Rs 265 cr grant to uplift poor in MP
Bhopal: British High Commissioner in India David James Bevan today informed Babulal Gaur, Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister that the UK government has provided Rs 265 crore grant for upliftment of poor in the state.
Bevan told Gaur that the British government has given a grant of Rs 265 crore for the Madhya Pradesh Urban Services for the Poor (MPUSP) - Project Uthhan, for infrastructure development and improvement of slums of the state`s 14 municipal corporations, an official release issued here said.
Started since 2006, the project is slated to be completed by December this year.
The High Commissioner also said the British government will give grant worth Rs 220 crore for infrastructure and development of the state`s municipal corporations in the second phase, the release said.
Gaur apprised the High Commissioner of developmental efforts taken by the state government in Bhopal and other cities of the state, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurudas Kamat withdraws resignation from Congress, says will continue to serve under Sonia, Rahul
- ixigo.com slashes flight fare; allows Rs. 750 cash-back on every booking
- Stars set to spread Bollywood fever in Spain during IIFA
- Nirbhaya-like rape case jolts Bihar; pistol inserted in 21-year-old victim's private parts
- Bond girl Caterina Murino all set to take Bollywood by storm with Rajeev Khandelwal's 'Fever'!