UK MPs happy with development in health, industrial sectors in MP
Bhopal: A delegation of British Members of Parliament visiting Madhya Pradesh as part of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA), Thursday reached Sehore district here and appreciated the work done for health care.
The delegation of ten British MPs visited Padli village under the Sehore block, Kankar Kheda village under the Ichhawar block and Chhinnota village under the Ashta block.
Virendra Sharma, a British MP of Indian-origin, said the delegation was very happy to see a vast change in the mindset of people living in the rural areas and also appreciated the cleanliness at Anganwadi centres.
During their brief visit to the state, the team members held discussions with senior officers at the Mantralaya here yesterday and hailed achievements in girls` empowerment, health care and industrial development sectors in the state.
The delegation was impressed by free distribution of cycles to girl students, their educational facilities and efforts to enhance their social status, an official release said today.
Additional Chief Secretary Commerce, Industries and Employment Prasanna Kumar Dash informed the team about works undertaken for all-round development and industrial progress of Madhya Pradesh. Shri Dash informed that the state is among top three states in the country in tapping alternative energy sources.
Led by Liam Byrne, the delegation included British MPs Baroness Blackstone, Sarvshri Simon Burns, Stephen Hepburn, Baroness Manzoor, Baroness Northever, Virendra Sharma and Dr Roberta Blackman-Woods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!