U’khand Bus mishap: Rs 2L each for kin of deceased
Bhopal: Expressing grief over the death of residents of Garoth tehsil in a bus accident in Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an assistance of Rs two lakh each to the kin of the deceased.
An official release said here today that the chief minister also announced Rs 50,000 each to the injured.
Chouhan called Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to discuss rescue and relief works. Similarly, MP Chief Secretary R Parasuram talked to his Uttarakhand counterpart to take stock of the situation.
On the instructions of the Chief Minister, Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies and Paras Jain and Minister for Transport Jagdish Deora will reach Uttarakhand to coordinate in the relief work.
Efforts are being made to bring back the bodies and the injured. Arrangements are also being made to make transport means available to the relatives of the deceased and injured, who want to go to the accident site.
At least 26 pilgrims from Madhya Pradesh were killed and several injured when a bus carrying them fell into the Ganges river at Kodiyala near Byasi in Tehri District yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know