ULFA militant killed in encounter in Assam
Guwahati: An ULFA militant was killed in an encounter with security forces at Aithon bordering Meghalaya in lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
"We came to know that some ULFA cadres were moving in the area. Our team went there and an encounter took place in which one ULFA militant was killed last night," Inspector General of Police (Central Western Range) LR Bishnoi said.
Two to three other militants were injured likely, but they managed to escape, he said.
Two pistols, three cell phones, two pairs of shoes and a purse with Rs 9,500 were recovered from the spot, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference