ULFA militant killed in encounter in Assam
Guwahati: An ULFA militant was killed in an encounter with security forces at Aithon bordering Meghalaya in lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
"We came to know that some ULFA cadres were moving in the area. Our team went there and an encounter took place in which one ULFA militant was killed last night," Inspector General of Police (Central Western Range) LR Bishnoi said.
Two to three other militants were injured likely, but they managed to escape, he said.
Two pistols, three cell phones, two pairs of shoes and a purse with Rs 9,500 were recovered from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon