ULFA militant killed in encounter in Assam
Guwahati: An ULFA militant was killed in an encounter with security forces at Aithon bordering Meghalaya in lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
"We came to know that some ULFA cadres were moving in the area. Our team went there and an encounter took place in which one ULFA militant was killed last night," Inspector General of Police (Central Western Range) LR Bishnoi said.
Two to three other militants were injured likely, but they managed to escape, he said.
Two pistols, three cell phones, two pairs of shoes and a purse with Rs 9,500 were recovered from the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers