Uma Bharti appears in defamation case
Bhopal: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday appeared in a defamation case filed against her in 2003 by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh over her allegation that he was involved in corruption of Rs 15,000 crore.
Uma said she wanted some more time to file a revision appeal against Singh`s statement that was recorded in the court early this month.
She also filed an application for permanent exemption from appearing in the court and the Chief Judicial Magistrate fixed February 4, 2013 as the next date of hearing.
She described Digvijay Singh as her elder brother and said she did not know as to why he had filed a defamation case against her.
Talking about BJP`s victory in the December 2003 assembly elections when she became chief minister, Uma Bharti said she did not enjoy it and it was like punishment.
"Chunav mein party ki jeet ke baad mujhe maza nahin saza mili thi," the BJP leader said.
She was chief minister of Madhya Pradesh between December 2003 and July 2004.
Uma said when she was Chief Minister, she did not indulge in any corruption nor did she allow anyone else to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant