Uma Bharti appears in defamation case
Bhopal: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday appeared in a defamation case filed against her in 2003 by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh over her allegation that he was involved in corruption of Rs 15,000 crore.
Uma said she wanted some more time to file a revision appeal against Singh`s statement that was recorded in the court early this month.
She also filed an application for permanent exemption from appearing in the court and the Chief Judicial Magistrate fixed February 4, 2013 as the next date of hearing.
She described Digvijay Singh as her elder brother and said she did not know as to why he had filed a defamation case against her.
Talking about BJP`s victory in the December 2003 assembly elections when she became chief minister, Uma Bharti said she did not enjoy it and it was like punishment.
"Chunav mein party ki jeet ke baad mujhe maza nahin saza mili thi," the BJP leader said.
She was chief minister of Madhya Pradesh between December 2003 and July 2004.
Uma said when she was Chief Minister, she did not indulge in any corruption nor did she allow anyone else to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data