Uma Bharti, Chouhan bonhomie triggers political speculation
Hoshangabad: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has shared a public platform for the first time with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, prompting political experts to see this as a `new equation` in Madhya Pradesh politics.
The two leaders shared the public dais at the confluence of Narmada and Tawa rivers at Bandrabhan near here yesterday on the occasion of the 3rd International River Festival.
The credit for bringing both the leaders on same platform is being given to the Ganga Samagra Abhiyan`s convener and Rajya Sabha member, Anil Madhav Dave.
Both the leaders had to attend the 3rd International River Festival at Bandrabhan but Chouhan had to attend its closing ceremony today while Bharti`s programme was scheduled for yesterday.
But Dave had requested the chief minister to attend the programme yesterday and Chouhan agreed to it, after which the two leaders shared the dais and they also spoke to each other for some time, addressing each other as "brother" and "sister".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata