Uma Bharti, Chouhan bonhomie triggers political speculation
Hoshangabad: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has shared a public platform for the first time with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, prompting political experts to see this as a `new equation` in Madhya Pradesh politics.
The two leaders shared the public dais at the confluence of Narmada and Tawa rivers at Bandrabhan near here yesterday on the occasion of the 3rd International River Festival.
The credit for bringing both the leaders on same platform is being given to the Ganga Samagra Abhiyan`s convener and Rajya Sabha member, Anil Madhav Dave.
Both the leaders had to attend the 3rd International River Festival at Bandrabhan but Chouhan had to attend its closing ceremony today while Bharti`s programme was scheduled for yesterday.
But Dave had requested the chief minister to attend the programme yesterday and Chouhan agreed to it, after which the two leaders shared the dais and they also spoke to each other for some time, addressing each other as "brother" and "sister".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof