Uma Bharti, Chouhan bonhomie triggers political speculation
Hoshangabad: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has shared a public platform for the first time with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, prompting political experts to see this as a `new equation` in Madhya Pradesh politics.
The two leaders shared the public dais at the confluence of Narmada and Tawa rivers at Bandrabhan near here yesterday on the occasion of the 3rd International River Festival.
The credit for bringing both the leaders on same platform is being given to the Ganga Samagra Abhiyan`s convener and Rajya Sabha member, Anil Madhav Dave.
Both the leaders had to attend the 3rd International River Festival at Bandrabhan but Chouhan had to attend its closing ceremony today while Bharti`s programme was scheduled for yesterday.
But Dave had requested the chief minister to attend the programme yesterday and Chouhan agreed to it, after which the two leaders shared the dais and they also spoke to each other for some time, addressing each other as "brother" and "sister".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister