Uma Bharti demands CBI probe into MP`s Vyapam scam
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Bhopal: Senior BJP leader and Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti had demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation into the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, better known as Vyapam recruitment scam.
Reports on Monday said that Bharti had alleged that a CBI probe is necessary in the case as there is inter-state links in the scam.
Bharti made this remark in the state`s Satna district yesterday.
Bharti`s party colleague and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s name had also been dragged in the Vyapam scam and the Congress-led opposition has been demanding a CBI probe into the scam.
Chouhan had lashed out at the Congress for dragging his government into the scam.
"We detected irregularities in recruitment and admission tests (conducted by MPPEB) and handed over the probe to the Special Task Force. But some people think that this is a good opportunity to drag my name into it. Such attempts will never succeed," Chouhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security