Uma Bharti demands CBI probe into MP`s Vyapam scam
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Bhopal: Senior BJP leader and Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti had demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation into the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, better known as Vyapam recruitment scam.
Reports on Monday said that Bharti had alleged that a CBI probe is necessary in the case as there is inter-state links in the scam.
Bharti made this remark in the state`s Satna district yesterday.
Bharti`s party colleague and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s name had also been dragged in the Vyapam scam and the Congress-led opposition has been demanding a CBI probe into the scam.
Chouhan had lashed out at the Congress for dragging his government into the scam.
"We detected irregularities in recruitment and admission tests (conducted by MPPEB) and handed over the probe to the Special Task Force. But some people think that this is a good opportunity to drag my name into it. Such attempts will never succeed," Chouhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state