Uma demands CBI probe into MP recruitment scam
Bhopal: Peeved at her name being dragged into a recruitment scam in Madhya Pradesh, BJP Vice President Uma Bharti today demanded a CBI probe in the case which she compared with the high-profile fodder scam of Bihar.
The scam relates to manipulation of selection process for government jobs for which exams were conducted by the MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB). A Special Task Force (STF) of state police is carrying out investigations.
"Though the state`s STF is probing the scam impartially, in view of its magnitude it will be better if it is handed over to CBI," she said.
The former Chief Minister was talking to reporters after meeting Madhya Pradesh DGP Nandan Dube, who called on her at her residence here.
Bharti said the DGP has clarified her name was not mentioned in any of the FIRs related to the scam and there was no need for her to record statement.
The fire brand saffron leader said she would be writing to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, suggesting him to hand over the probe to the premier Central agency.
Bharti had sought an appointment with Dube yesterday after her name appeared in newspaper reports in connection with the scam.
The BJP leader said the recruitment scandal was reminiscent of Bihar`s fodder scam in terms of involvement of a large number of influential people.
She asked the DGP to probe how her name was dragged into the scam and who were behind it. "It appears that my name was dragged into the scam to save big persons involved in it."
The BJP Vice President advised those involved in the scam to submit themselves before the STF instead of running away from investigations.
The STF has filed FIRs against 130 people. These include former Public Relations Minister and BJP leader Laxmikant Sharma, who has been linked to irregularities in selection of teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!