Underground explosions create panic in western MP
Indore: After 12 years, underground explosions have once against started haunting people in some areas of western Madhya Pradesh for last two months.
However, there is no report of any loss of life due to such explosions.
"Underground explosions are taking place after short intervals for the last two months in some villages of Khandwa district, especially Mandwa, Guwadi and Bilud villages under Mandwa Gram Panchayat," former Sarpanch of Mandwa Gram Panchayat Mahipal Singh said.
Earlier, similar explosions had caused panic in Pandhana tehsil, about 150 km from Khandwa district, way back in 1993 when at least 1,200 such explosions rattled it.
Singh said that their utensils fall due to the trembling caused by these explosions and people run out of their homes fearing an earthquake.
The administrative officials also took stock of the situation after visiting these villages, he said, adding that nearby Jhiranya tehsil of Khargone district is also experiencing such explosions.
Apart from Khandwa and Khargone districts, reports coming in from Dhar, Badwani and Ratlam districts of western Madhya Pradesh too confirmed similar seismic activities taking place there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?