Underground explosions create panic in western MP
Indore: After 12 years, underground explosions have once against started haunting people in some areas of western Madhya Pradesh for last two months.
However, there is no report of any loss of life due to such explosions.
"Underground explosions are taking place after short intervals for the last two months in some villages of Khandwa district, especially Mandwa, Guwadi and Bilud villages under Mandwa Gram Panchayat," former Sarpanch of Mandwa Gram Panchayat Mahipal Singh said.
Earlier, similar explosions had caused panic in Pandhana tehsil, about 150 km from Khandwa district, way back in 1993 when at least 1,200 such explosions rattled it.
Singh said that their utensils fall due to the trembling caused by these explosions and people run out of their homes fearing an earthquake.
The administrative officials also took stock of the situation after visiting these villages, he said, adding that nearby Jhiranya tehsil of Khargone district is also experiencing such explosions.
Apart from Khandwa and Khargone districts, reports coming in from Dhar, Badwani and Ratlam districts of western Madhya Pradesh too confirmed similar seismic activities taking place there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city