UP STF rescues GAIL official from abductors in MP
Gwalior: Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) in a joint operation with the Madhya Pradesh police on Monday rescued a senior official of the Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) from the captivity of his abductors in the district, and have arrested six persons in this regard, a senior police officer said.
S S Bhatnagar, who was posted as Terminal Manager at the Mathura-based GAIL refinery, was kidnapped on June 11 while on his way to the company office by the accused who demanded a ransom of Rs one crore for his safe release, Inspector General (Gwalior Range) U C Shandhi and Uttar Pradesh STF SP Satyaveer Singh told reporters.
Police suspected the involvement of Jitendra alias Pahad Singh gang behind the crime.
Teams of Gwalior police and their Datia counterparts took part in the joint operation.
According to the officials, police traced the location of the abductors, first at Gwalior and then near Dabra town, on June 12 after they made first call for ransom.
Meanwhile, on a tip-off police first picked up Jitendra yesterday and arrested five others, including a wanted dacoit Dinesh Ahirwar carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on him, along with Sunil Jatav, Vinod Jatav, Chandu Jatav, Mansingh and Akthar alias Rajkumar from Ratangarh and Devgarh forest areas, situated between Jijora and Dabra towns in Gwalior district, and rescued Bhatnagar, they said.
Meanwhile, Bhatnagar told reporters that his abductors called twice at his residence in Mathura, first demanding Rs one crore in ransom and later Rs 70 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’