`UPA govt worse than dacoits of Madhya Pradesh`
Bhopal: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said Congress-led UPA government was worse than "dacoits of Madhya Pradesh".
"The dacoits of Madhya Pradesh were better than the Congress-led government at the Centre...A Rs 4.38 lakh crore scam was unheard of before," Gadkari said.
He was addressing `Yuva Sankalp` bike rally organised by the youth wing of BJP to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand here.
"The list of scams (which took place during UPA regime) is long...Rs 76,000 crore CWG scam, Rs 1.86 lakh crore coal scam and 1.76 lakh crore 2G scam. Had anyone heard of such figures of scams before?" Gadkari said.
"These are the figures not given by any BJP leader, but the Comptroller and Auditor General. Congress has no concern for the people of the country," he said.
Inflation was soaring because of the rampant corruption, he said.
Gadkari also said the country`s dependence on crude oil import should decrease, and people should embrace alternatives such as ethanol-mixed petrol, as in Brazil.
"Instead of emptying alcohol bottles in your stomach, it would be better if you pour them into the fuel tank of your vehicle to reduce dependence on import of crude," the BJP chief jokingly said.
The 21st century belonged to India, but the people must put "knowledgeable leaders" at the helm of affairs, he said.
He praised Madhya Pradesh government for its schemes such as Ladli Laxmi and Teerth-Darshan, and for the 18 percent growth rate in the agriculture sector.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on this occasion that his government was committed to providing round-the-clock power to the villages by 2013, and urged the youth to take advantage of it by setting up village-based industries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference