UPA to meet same fate as that of PPP: Sharad Yadav
Jabalpur: Predicting downfall of the Congress-led UPA government in the Lok Sabha polls, NDA Convener and Janata Dal(U) President Sharad Yadav on Sunday said that it (UPA) would meet the same fate as PPP in Pakistan.
"The Congress-led UPA`s fate in the coming Lok Sabha polls will be like that of Pakistan Peoples` Party(which suffered humiliating defeat today)," the NDA Convener told reporters.
Yadav arrived here to take part in a meeting of JD-U workers in the city.
He said that like the people in Pakistan who were tired of Asif Ali Zardari-led PPP government`s misrule, the people in India were tired of inflation, corruption and misrule of the UPA government.
Congratulating Nawaz Sharif`s PML-N for heading towards victory, he said Sharif deserved to be congratulated for his party`s success and hoped that with this victory relations between India and Pakistan would improve.
Meanwhile, when asked about he calling former Railway Minister Pavan Kumar Bansal an honest person, Yadav said he gave a statement in support of Bansal for he really considered him as honest.
"But when I came to know about him through my partymen and others, then I also demanded his resignation," Yadav said.
On the issue of Coalgate, he demanded cancellation of allotment of those coal blocks where production was not yet started and those blocks should be awarded afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step