Urdu poet Manzar Bhopali`s mother passes away
Bhopal: Tahira Nikhat, mother of noted Urdu poet Manzar Bhopali, passed away at a local hospital after a long illness, sources said.
She was 80.
Nikhat, who died last evening, is survived by a daughter and two sons - Manzar Bhopali and retired television producer Sajid Rizvi.
She was the principal of a school here and had worked particularly for girls` education during her lifetime.
A large number of people including politicians, poets, religious leaders among others attended her last rites.
The body was buried at Hamidia Road burial ground late last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location