Urdu poet Manzar Bhopali`s mother passes away
Bhopal: Tahira Nikhat, mother of noted Urdu poet Manzar Bhopali, passed away at a local hospital after a long illness, sources said.
She was 80.
Nikhat, who died last evening, is survived by a daughter and two sons - Manzar Bhopali and retired television producer Sajid Rizvi.
She was the principal of a school here and had worked particularly for girls` education during her lifetime.
A large number of people including politicians, poets, religious leaders among others attended her last rites.
The body was buried at Hamidia Road burial ground late last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened