Vajpayee`s birthday to be celebrated across MP
Bhopal: Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s 88th birthday will be celebrated in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday with programmes being organised all over the state, particularly at his birth place in Gwalior.
A `Maha Mrityunjaya Paath` will also be organised at
Indore, in which 108 priests would take part, government
The Madhya Pradesh government has already issued orders
to have portraits of the former Prime Minister displayed in
all government offices.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress criticised the
celebrations saying BJP leaders had "forgotten" Vajpayee but
were "suddenly remembering" him now with an eye on the
"BJP leaders had forgotten their poster boy Vajpayee for
a long time, but are now suddenly remembering him as elections
are nearing," Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said
in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?