Vajpayee`s birthday to be celebrated across MP
Bhopal: Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s 88th birthday will be celebrated in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday with programmes being organised all over the state, particularly at his birth place in Gwalior.
A `Maha Mrityunjaya Paath` will also be organised at
Indore, in which 108 priests would take part, government
The Madhya Pradesh government has already issued orders
to have portraits of the former Prime Minister displayed in
all government offices.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress criticised the
celebrations saying BJP leaders had "forgotten" Vajpayee but
were "suddenly remembering" him now with an eye on the
"BJP leaders had forgotten their poster boy Vajpayee for
a long time, but are now suddenly remembering him as elections
are nearing," Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said
in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains grip on Mumbai, BJP dominates other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway