Vajpayee`s birthday to be celebrated across MP
Bhopal: Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s 88th birthday will be celebrated in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday with programmes being organised all over the state, particularly at his birth place in Gwalior.
A `Maha Mrityunjaya Paath` will also be organised at
Indore, in which 108 priests would take part, government
The Madhya Pradesh government has already issued orders
to have portraits of the former Prime Minister displayed in
all government offices.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress criticised the
celebrations saying BJP leaders had "forgotten" Vajpayee but
were "suddenly remembering" him now with an eye on the
"BJP leaders had forgotten their poster boy Vajpayee for
a long time, but are now suddenly remembering him as elections
are nearing," Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said
in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation