Vajpayee`s birthday to be celebrated across MP
Bhopal: Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s 88th birthday will be celebrated in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday with programmes being organised all over the state, particularly at his birth place in Gwalior.
A `Maha Mrityunjaya Paath` will also be organised at
Indore, in which 108 priests would take part, government
The Madhya Pradesh government has already issued orders
to have portraits of the former Prime Minister displayed in
all government offices.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress criticised the
celebrations saying BJP leaders had "forgotten" Vajpayee but
were "suddenly remembering" him now with an eye on the
"BJP leaders had forgotten their poster boy Vajpayee for
a long time, but are now suddenly remembering him as elections
are nearing," Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said
in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa