Vajpayee`s birthday to be celebrated across MP
Bhopal: Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s 88th birthday will be celebrated in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday with programmes being organised all over the state, particularly at his birth place in Gwalior.
A `Maha Mrityunjaya Paath` will also be organised at
Indore, in which 108 priests would take part, government
The Madhya Pradesh government has already issued orders
to have portraits of the former Prime Minister displayed in
all government offices.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress criticised the
celebrations saying BJP leaders had "forgotten" Vajpayee but
were "suddenly remembering" him now with an eye on the
"BJP leaders had forgotten their poster boy Vajpayee for
a long time, but are now suddenly remembering him as elections
are nearing," Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said
in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report