Venue of Smriti Irani`s programme changed as poll code sets in
Indore: The venue of BJP Vice-President Smriti Irani`s pre-scheduled programme at a government college here was shifted on intervention of district administration in view of the model code of conduct for Lok Sabha polls coming into force today.
Opposition Congress had complained to the authorities about holding of the function at New Girls Degree College.
The programme wherein Smriti was supposed to interact with young women on current political situation in the country was organised by a social organisation `Manushreya`.
"We had written to the administration that organising this programme at a government college is akin to violation of election code. Acting on our complaint, the administration did not allow the event to take place at the college," said state unit Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja.
The organisers later organised the programme in the campus of a temple located in front of the New Degree Girls College, where Irani interacted with girls.
However, Saluja alleged that the BJP has violated the model code by organising a political event in the premises of the temple. Saluja appealed to Election Commission to take appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown