Venue of Smriti Irani`s programme changed as poll code sets in
Indore: The venue of BJP Vice-President Smriti Irani`s pre-scheduled programme at a government college here was shifted on intervention of district administration in view of the model code of conduct for Lok Sabha polls coming into force today.
Opposition Congress had complained to the authorities about holding of the function at New Girls Degree College.
The programme wherein Smriti was supposed to interact with young women on current political situation in the country was organised by a social organisation `Manushreya`.
"We had written to the administration that organising this programme at a government college is akin to violation of election code. Acting on our complaint, the administration did not allow the event to take place at the college," said state unit Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja.
The organisers later organised the programme in the campus of a temple located in front of the New Degree Girls College, where Irani interacted with girls.
However, Saluja alleged that the BJP has violated the model code by organising a political event in the premises of the temple. Saluja appealed to Election Commission to take appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days