Venue of Smriti Irani`s programme changed as poll code sets in
Indore: The venue of BJP Vice-President Smriti Irani`s pre-scheduled programme at a government college here was shifted on intervention of district administration in view of the model code of conduct for Lok Sabha polls coming into force today.
Opposition Congress had complained to the authorities about holding of the function at New Girls Degree College.
The programme wherein Smriti was supposed to interact with young women on current political situation in the country was organised by a social organisation `Manushreya`.
"We had written to the administration that organising this programme at a government college is akin to violation of election code. Acting on our complaint, the administration did not allow the event to take place at the college," said state unit Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja.
The organisers later organised the programme in the campus of a temple located in front of the New Degree Girls College, where Irani interacted with girls.
However, Saluja alleged that the BJP has violated the model code by organising a political event in the premises of the temple. Saluja appealed to Election Commission to take appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened