Venue of Smriti Irani`s programme changed as poll code sets in
Indore: The venue of BJP Vice-President Smriti Irani`s pre-scheduled programme at a government college here was shifted on intervention of district administration in view of the model code of conduct for Lok Sabha polls coming into force today.
Opposition Congress had complained to the authorities about holding of the function at New Girls Degree College.
The programme wherein Smriti was supposed to interact with young women on current political situation in the country was organised by a social organisation `Manushreya`.
"We had written to the administration that organising this programme at a government college is akin to violation of election code. Acting on our complaint, the administration did not allow the event to take place at the college," said state unit Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja.
The organisers later organised the programme in the campus of a temple located in front of the New Degree Girls College, where Irani interacted with girls.
However, Saluja alleged that the BJP has violated the model code by organising a political event in the premises of the temple. Saluja appealed to Election Commission to take appropriate action in this regard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India