Veteran Congress leader Malviya passes away
Indore: Former Union Minister and senior Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Radhakishan Malviya on Tuesday passed away at a private hospital here after a brief illness, party members said.
He was 68.
Malviya was elected MLA from Sanver in Indore district in 1972. A three-time Rajya Sabha MP, he was Labour Minister in the Rajiv Gandhi government in mid-1980s.
He was also national president of Harijan Sevak Sangh.
Malviya was Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee president during 1998-2003 when Digvijay Singh was the chief minister.
MPCC spokesman Narendra Saluja and other Congress leaders condoled the death of Malviya and described him as a great leader and a visionary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje