Veteran Congress leader Malviya passes away
Indore: Former Union Minister and senior Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Radhakishan Malviya on Tuesday passed away at a private hospital here after a brief illness, party members said.
He was 68.
Malviya was elected MLA from Sanver in Indore district in 1972. A three-time Rajya Sabha MP, he was Labour Minister in the Rajiv Gandhi government in mid-1980s.
He was also national president of Harijan Sevak Sangh.
Malviya was Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee president during 1998-2003 when Digvijay Singh was the chief minister.
MPCC spokesman Narendra Saluja and other Congress leaders condoled the death of Malviya and described him as a great leader and a visionary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill