Village heads have no power, says Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Ajay Singh on Monday alleged that the village heads (panchs and sarpanchs) in the state have no power during the present BJP rule.
"Under the BJP government in the state, the panchs and sarpanchs do not have any power, as all the decisions (about development works) are taken in the state capital," he told reporters here today.
He claimed that Congress used to grant funds to the panchs and sarpanchs, who would then spend for various works in their villages. "Because of this, a number of development works like roads and wells could be undertaken. But now, they do not have any power left."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016