Village heads have no power, says Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Ajay Singh on Monday alleged that the village heads (panchs and sarpanchs) in the state have no power during the present BJP rule.
"Under the BJP government in the state, the panchs and sarpanchs do not have any power, as all the decisions (about development works) are taken in the state capital," he told reporters here today.
He claimed that Congress used to grant funds to the panchs and sarpanchs, who would then spend for various works in their villages. "Because of this, a number of development works like roads and wells could be undertaken. But now, they do not have any power left."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves