Village heads have no power, says Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Ajay Singh on Monday alleged that the village heads (panchs and sarpanchs) in the state have no power during the present BJP rule.
"Under the BJP government in the state, the panchs and sarpanchs do not have any power, as all the decisions (about development works) are taken in the state capital," he told reporters here today.
He claimed that Congress used to grant funds to the panchs and sarpanchs, who would then spend for various works in their villages. "Because of this, a number of development works like roads and wells could be undertaken. But now, they do not have any power left."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’