Vote BJP out of power in MP: Digvijay
Katni (MP): Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said the time has come for people of Madhya Pradesh to throw the BJP out of power, since it came to power by making false promises, which are yet to be fulfilled.
"The ruling BJP had promised to provide 24 hours power within 100 days of coming to power, but till date not a single district gets round-the-clock power," he said.
He was addressing the Vishal Kisan Mahaandolan, a farmers` rally organised by the Congress in protest against the death of a woman farmer opposing land acquisition for the Welspun greenfield thermal power plant.
The BJP also promised to improve the condition of roads and waive off farmers loan, but failed to fulfil its promises, he said.
Referring to the issue of land acquisition for a power plant in Bujbuja and Dokaria villages, he said, if farmers opposed it, some other piece of land must be acquired as Vijayraghogarh MLA Sanjay Pathak has suggested.
Singh also highlighted various steps including RTI, Right to Education and Right to work under MNREGA taken by the Congress-led UPA government for the welfare of the people.
He said now the Centre is mulling over making food security mandatory.
Addressing the gathering in a local dialect, Congress party`s leader of opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh alleged that the government had fired upon Bareli`s farmers with AK-47 rifles, which is normally used in anti-Naxal operations.
Ajay also claimed that if the Congress comes back to power in Madhya Pradesh, it will bring a comprehensive rehabilitation and resettlement policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary