Vyapam scam: Laxmikant Sharma to be produced in court today
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Under arrest in connection with the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (Vyapam) scam, former minister Laxmikant Sharma will be produced in a local court here on Tuesday.
Sharma was arrested on June 15 by the Special Task Force (STF), probing into the scam following his alleged involvement in the contractual teachers recruitment scam.
The exam was conducted by MPPEB and Sharma was its Minister in-chagre in his capacity as the then Technical Education Minister in the last BJP government in the state.
STF had demanded that the former minister should be sent to police remand till June 23, but court declined it`s request and granted only four days remand.
Opposing the remand, Sharma`s lawyer contended that STF has already questioned the former Minister in connection with the scam twice and also quizzed him yesterday.
Since he has been already interrogated, there is no need for granting any remand, he said.
The STF said it has to match the names of candidates against whom his name was mentioned following recovery of date from a hard disk, which was sent by the agency to the Gandhi Nagar (Gujarat) based forensic laboratory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency