Want to establish my own identity in politics: Jaiwardhan
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan Singh, who made a debut as an MLA in recently-held Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, wants to carve out a niche for himself.
"I will not always like to be called as Digvijay Singh`s son..I will work hard among people and establish my own identity," Jaiwardhan told reporters here last evening.
Jaiwardhan won from family pocket borough of Raghogarh by defeating his nearest BJP rival.
"My father had told me that he would campaign for me only in my first election and not beyond that," he said.
Responding to a query on criticism of his father, Jaiwardhan said only political opponents of Digvijay criticised him and not common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog