Want to establish my own identity in politics: Jaiwardhan
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan Singh, who made a debut as an MLA in recently-held Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, wants to carve out a niche for himself.
"I will not always like to be called as Digvijay Singh`s son..I will work hard among people and establish my own identity," Jaiwardhan told reporters here last evening.
Jaiwardhan won from family pocket borough of Raghogarh by defeating his nearest BJP rival.
"My father had told me that he would campaign for me only in my first election and not beyond that," he said.
Responding to a query on criticism of his father, Jaiwardhan said only political opponents of Digvijay criticised him and not common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes