Wanting son, father poisons two-day-old baby girl
Bhopal: In another instance of desperation for a son, a father has been arrested in Madhya Pradesh`s Gwalior town for killing his two-day-old daughter by feeding her nicotine, police said Tuesday.
Narendra Rana, 40, was arrested Monday from his residence at Murar in Gwalior, about 400 km from here, six months after he killed his daughter, an official said.
Rana`s wife Anita had delivered a girl child Oct 17 last year at a private hospital. The infant was found dead two days later.
The post-mortem report, handed to police only last month, revealed that the baby had died due to the consumption of nicotine.
According to Suryakant Awasthi, in-charge of Murar police station, Anita had said Rana was depressed with the birth of a baby girl. He had entered the ward the day their daughter was found dead. Rana confessed to his crime during interrogation.
The incident comes to light just a day after police highlighted the case of a three-month-old baby girl who was battered and even bitten by her father in Bangalore because he wanted a son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka