War of words in LS over IPS officer`s killing
New Delhi: The controversy surrounding the
killing of a young IPS officer in Madhya Pradesh last week on Tuesday triggered an angry war of words between BJP and Congress
members in the Lok Sabha.
As soon as Sajjan Singh Verma (Cong) raised the issue
during Zero Hour, BJP members were on their feet saying the
issue was related to the state and could be raised in the
Congress members joined Verma in attacking the BJP and the
Madhya Pradesh government, forcing Deputy Speaker Kariya
Munda to intervene.
Verma could not speak as Munda said more time could not be
granted since other members too were waiting for their turn.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Manish Tewari
said a CBI probe has been recommended by the state government
because it has succumbed to the uproar and pressure created by
"We do hope that the probe would not only expose the
people behind the act, but also go into the larger
conspiracy," he said.
IPS officer Narendra Kumar, posted as an SDPO in Morena,
had tried to stop a tractor-trolley which was allegedly
carrying illegally mined stones. When the tractor did not stop
the IPS officer stood in front of the vehicle in order to
bring it to a halt.
But the tractor driver identified as Manoj Gurjar instead
of stopping the vehicle, sped and hit the 30-year-old officer,
crushing him under the wheels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security