Why a Yadav leader cannot become PM: BJP minister Babulal Gaur
Guna: Even as political air is pregnant with numerous permutations and combinations emerging ahead of Lok Sabha elections, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur on Sunday surprised everybody when he suggested that a person from Yadav community can also become prime minister of the country.
"Why a Yadav community person cannot become the prime minister of the country?" Gaur, a BJP leader from Yadav community and former chief minister, said while addressing a programme organised by the Yadav Mahasabha.
Gaur`s statement assumes political significance given the fact that Narendra Modi is the official candidate of BJP for the top post and also because of the buzz that Samajwadi Party chief and Yadav chieftain Mulayam Singh Yadav is also harbouring the national ambition.
Interestingly, ahead of addressing the Yadav Mahasabha, Gaur in his meeting with local BJP leaders asked them to rise above caste and class to "make Modi the prime minister of the country".
Earlier, Gaur told reporters that state government was keen to introduce the Police Commissioner System in the state.
According to sources, despite several attempts, the government was unable to introduce the System following alleged opposition from the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) lobby.
Referring to naxal-affected districts in the state, Gaur said a total of 10 districts are hit by "red-sponsored terrorism" which has hampered development in these areas.
"We have requested Union Home ministry to allocate Rs 200 crore and two helicopters for the naxal-affected districts but so far the state has received only Rs 70 crore from the Centre in this regard", the MP home minister said.
Gaur also informed that a joint meeting of the naxal-affected states (Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh) will be held in Bhopal to deliberate on the challenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!