Widow raped, killed by father-in-law
Tikamgarh: A woman was allegedly raped and killed by her father-in-law at a village here, police said today.
The accused, identified as Jogeshwar Lodhi, raped his widowed daughter-in-law (22) last evening in Garoli village under Jatara police station limits of the district, when she was in the house along with her one-year-old daughter, Jatara`s Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) N K Parihar told reporters.
When the victim threatened to report the matter to police, the accused killed her by hitting on her head with a stone, he said.
The victim`s husband had allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance about three months back, he said.
The woman along with her daughter had been living with her father-in-law since then, Parihar said.
After the offence, the accused fled from the village.
However, he surrendered before police today and admitted that he committed the crime, Parihar said.
Police have registered a case in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday