Widow raped, killed by father-in-law
Tikamgarh: A woman was allegedly raped and killed by her father-in-law at a village here, police said today.
The accused, identified as Jogeshwar Lodhi, raped his widowed daughter-in-law (22) last evening in Garoli village under Jatara police station limits of the district, when she was in the house along with her one-year-old daughter, Jatara`s Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) N K Parihar told reporters.
When the victim threatened to report the matter to police, the accused killed her by hitting on her head with a stone, he said.
The victim`s husband had allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance about three months back, he said.
The woman along with her daughter had been living with her father-in-law since then, Parihar said.
After the offence, the accused fled from the village.
However, he surrendered before police today and admitted that he committed the crime, Parihar said.
Police have registered a case in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video