Will campaign in MP if party chief asks me: Uma Bharti
Bhopal: BJP Vice-President Uma Bharti on Saturday said that she would canvass for the party in Madhya Pradesh ahead of the state polls if the party leadership directs her.
"I will go wherever (BJP president) Rajnath Singh asks me to go (for campaigning)," Bharati told a news agency when asked whether she was ready to canvass for her party in Madhya Pradesh for the upcoming assembly elections.
The senior BJP leader also clarified that she had attended the party`s `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` in held in Madhya Pradesh capital last Wednesday only at the insistence of the party chief.
"I came to attend the `Mahakumbh` because Rajnath Singh had asked me to be there," the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi