Will strive to strengthen Congress in MP: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh, who was appointed on Friday
the new Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh
Assembly, said he will strive to strengthen the party in the
"I am thankful to the Congress president for having
appointed me to this post at a critical juncture for the party
in the state," Ajay said.
"I will work hard, along with state Congress president
Kantilal Bhuria, all Congress MPs, MLAs and leaders, to ensure
that the Congress puts up a fight as a united opposition
against the ruling BJP in the state," said Ajay Singh, son of
veteran Congress leader Arjun Singh who passed away last month
in New Delhi.
Singh has been named Congress Legislature Party Leader
for Madhya Pradesh, a post which has been lying vacant
since the last six months after the death of Jamuna Devi on
September 23 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'