Will strive to strengthen Congress in MP: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh, who was appointed on Friday
the new Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh
Assembly, said he will strive to strengthen the party in the
"I am thankful to the Congress president for having
appointed me to this post at a critical juncture for the party
in the state," Ajay said.
"I will work hard, along with state Congress president
Kantilal Bhuria, all Congress MPs, MLAs and leaders, to ensure
that the Congress puts up a fight as a united opposition
against the ruling BJP in the state," said Ajay Singh, son of
veteran Congress leader Arjun Singh who passed away last month
in New Delhi.
Singh has been named Congress Legislature Party Leader
for Madhya Pradesh, a post which has been lying vacant
since the last six months after the death of Jamuna Devi on
September 23 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes