Will strive to strengthen Congress in MP: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh, who was appointed on Friday
the new Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh
Assembly, said he will strive to strengthen the party in the
"I am thankful to the Congress president for having
appointed me to this post at a critical juncture for the party
in the state," Ajay said.
"I will work hard, along with state Congress president
Kantilal Bhuria, all Congress MPs, MLAs and leaders, to ensure
that the Congress puts up a fight as a united opposition
against the ruling BJP in the state," said Ajay Singh, son of
veteran Congress leader Arjun Singh who passed away last month
in New Delhi.
Singh has been named Congress Legislature Party Leader
for Madhya Pradesh, a post which has been lying vacant
since the last six months after the death of Jamuna Devi on
September 23 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district